Welcome to the website for the World Association of Sign Language Interpreters (WASLI)
The WASLI website is available in English but this page provides a summary of what is on the website, in a range of different languages and more will be added.
This site brings you information about the Association, its history, the aims, the structure, and about how you can become a member.
WASLI has also worked with the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) to make a joint statement of our commitment to work together.
From the first WASLI Conference in South Africa in 2005 many interpreters wanted to see information on a range of topics made available.
Here you will be able to find information on:
- Setting up a National Association
- List of Training Establishments
- Testing/Assessment of Interpreters
- Accreditation of Interpreters
- How to get support from Government
- Mentoring for Interpreters
- Codes of Ethics www.wasli.org
- Research/Reference Links
- Team Working
- Gallery of photos
- WASLI 2007 Spain
We hope that enjoy your visit to the site.
The WASLI Board