The 2007 WASLI Conference Proceedings
Buy From WASLI Non-Member's Shopping
FOR DELIVERY TO AN ADDRESS IN THE UK £20.00
FOR DELIVERY TO AN ADDRESS IN EUROPE £23.00
FOR A DELIVERY TO AN ADDRESS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD £25.00
This set of proceedings brings together a selection of papers that were presented at the second WASLI conference, held in Segovia, Spain in July 2007. Readers who were not in attendance at the conference will see evidence of the depth and breadth of presentations and those who did attend have a suitable reminder of the quality of the presentations.
The papers in this volume discuss diverse, complex, yet relevant topics that speak to all sign language interpreters as members of communities, nations and areas of the world.
The contributions cover the following topics:
- International Sign
- Perspectives on educational interpreting
- Interpreter training and international advisors
- A survey of compensation for services
- Involvement of Deaf Community in interpreting
- Lexical variation of sign language, and
- A survey of interpreters and their working conditions
Note: Membership status will be verified before products are posted